Mittwoch, 9. April 2008

Zakka

Until reading all the craft blogs I had never heard of zakka before. I know I like it a lot, but I am still trying to understand. I guess this article in the Int. Herald Tribune sums it up: "It's the japanese term for everything and anything that spruces up your home, life and outlook. ... Cute is not enough. To qualify as a zakka, a product must be attractive, sensitive, laden with subtexts." I have been looking at tons of japanese craft books online, very fascinated. Today I showed my japanese friend Haruyo what I found. She said, to her all these pictures do not look japanese at all, to her it is french, european or western culture. My eyes however see the japanese influence, so I guess it is the fusion that I like about zakka and the japanese crafts.
Haruyo gave me some more kimono fabric, thanks a lot! If I have the courage to use them I will try to make some German Zakka.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen